Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Honey, I Drew in an Audience!

I wanted to take some time to reflect on how my short film would engage with audiences in the real world. I think the real challenge of promoting a film is getting an audience to remember important aspects.
One thing I want the audience to remember is the post card. The postcard is meant to draw the audience into the story. When handed out, the first side they see is the missing persons flyer for Sephone Stratos. I do want to initially shock the audience with this, until they flip over the card and see the information for the film. I wanted to use this design in order to draw in the audience- the film is grounded in reality so presenting them with a realistic situation will make them feel as though they have a part in the story. No, they haven’t seen Sephone. But, in order to see her, they will have to go to a screening of the film.

I would release the film in a short circuit film festival, and then push for a theatrical release. Film festival buzz is advertising in itself, as so many people learn about the movie, but are unable to view it on any platform yet. The delay between learning about the film and the date it is released increases the word of mouth publicity, the anticipation, and the likelihood that an audience will watch the movie.

RESOURCES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last post ;(

This is it! It's been a great journey. FILM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFbNiI7ZQDc https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tjfBALKOsV...