Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Filming Day 2

Once again, it was raining today. This was a nuisance for a number of reasons. To begin, I had to move the "bench" setting to an "in front of an obscure building" setting. I really wanted to use a bench, because it would've made getting shots easier, and I felt as though it just made sense in the grand scheme of the film. I also wanted a still shot of Aitana's shoes, and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get the shot I wanted- but I worked around it and figured it out. On top of that, people (adults and children) had to cut across the front of the camera and at some points standing in the background. We couldn't ask people to stop or to move, because we were the inconvenience- not them.

After we filmed in front of the community center, we took to Danny's car to get some shots. Darian and I sat in the back with Aitana and Danny in the front. These shots were kinda scary to film, since we weren't buckled in and the camera was shaking very hard, but it was worth it for the film! At one point, we had to take two cars to get footage of Danny and Aitana driving from outside the car, and we had to take up both lanes of the road. That was an event in itself, as Danny didn't stop his car when one was coming at him- and he was in the wrong lane.

Filming ended a lot earlier than I had thought, but we were in no way rushed. By following the shot list all the way to the bottom, I was organized and knew exactly what I wanted and needed.

For tomorrow, I'm nervous, because there will be more actors and we will be in a bigger, more sensitive space. Hopefully, I will be able to end production on a high note.

All for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last post ;(

This is it! It's been a great journey. FILM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFbNiI7ZQDc https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tjfBALKOsV...